Gather the following information to troubleshoot Zowe™ Application Framework issues:
- z/OS release level
- Zowe version and release level
- Zowe application configuration
- Zowe Application Server Ports
- Log output from the Zowe Application Server
- Error message codes
- Screen captures (if applicable)
- Other relevant information (such as the version of Node.js that is running on the Zowe Application Server and the browser and browser version)
To find the z/OS release level, issue the following command in SDSF:
Check the output for the release level, for example:
Displays zowe version
Configuration file helps customize the Zowe app server, and is important to look at while you troubleshoot.
Read more about the Zowe app server configuration in the Zowe User Guide.
There are two major components of Zowe application server:
ZSS. They log to different files.
The default location for logs for both zlux and zss is folder
zlux-app-server/log. You can customize the log location by using the environment variable.
Read more about controlling the log location here.
List of files by most recent timestamp for both nodeServer as well ZSS.
It is advisable to look into log files for capturing error codes.
Web Developer toolkit is accessible by pressing F12.
Read more about it here.
If possible, add a screen capture of the issue.
Node.js – v6.14.4 minimum for z/OS, elsewhere v6, v8, and v10 work well.
npm – v6.4 minimum
Java – v8 minimum